WHAT WE DO
We handle the Operational aspects of your DevOps workflow and have established a set of best practices tailored to the online gaming market in terms of:
- Incident Management (monitor)
- Release Management (release)
- Deployment Management (deploy)
- Environment Management (operate)
WHY UPTIME IS CRITICAL
According to Gartner, the average cost of IT downtime is $5,600 per minute. Because there are so many differences in how businesses operate, downtime can vary from $140,000 to $540,000 per hour.
How do you evaluate
the cost of downtime?
There are different factors to take into account from quantifiable to more subtle and harder costs to evaluate:
- The lost revenue caused by the incident
- The cost of the DevOps team in charge of troubleshooting an issue (hourly cost of engineer x number of people x duration)
- The cost of losing unhappy users and the cost of re-acquiring them
- The human cost of downtime (strain involved in investigating and resolving the issues in the middle of the night, while on vacations…)
- The opportunity cost (resources being reallocated from other projects)
We manage your online games, regardless of platform or technology, to ensure availability to your players. We ensure maximum uptime of your game(s), 24x7x365, anywhere in the world, hosted in-house or by any infrastructure provider.
We can either use your existing tools and systems if you have them in place and seamlessly integrate with you, or, we can use our tools and systems if you prefer.
We have designed an offering that allows you to pick the elements you need in order to build a solution that corresponds to your requirements. They are based around the following key features:
- Customized service agreement, reflecting what you need not what we want to sell
- 24x7x365 monitoring and first/second-line issue resolution
- Fully monitored uptime and outage resolution
- SLA options, resolution options as low as 15 minutes
- Full stack coverage including hardware, OS, applications, interfaces, as well as the game itself
Improving your operations, saving time and money
- Our 24x7x365 coverage removes the need for your staff to be on call thus improving productivity during working hours. We handle the operational work, allowing you to focus on other value-added tasks such as new product features and improving user experience.
- We provide you with increased uptime which translates into improved revenue, credibility and retention.
- Our team acts as part of your company without the burden of having to hire staff.
- There is no long-term investment due to hiring the needed manpower. If your game is not performing as expected, you can terminate our contract within a month. We also provide 24x7x365 coverage of your games at a fraction of the cost of doing it internally.
Workshops and architecture review
We can work with your existing documentation or create a new runbook for your game depending on what is available. We work with you to understand your environment(s), interactions and dependencies. These workshops and reviews can be done remotely or on-site to best suit your needs.
Runbook and trigger creation
From the workshops we prove out everything in the runbook including the qualifying inputs, resolution steps and post fix verifications. This is verified in your existing tools, or fed into our tools as needed to build up your per archetype model. This forms the basis to start monitoring and us responding to any incidents.
Depending on the information available (and you and your teams time), on-boarding typically takes between 2 – 4 weeks before we have the understanding and data to take over 24×7 coverage.
ADDITIONNAL GAME OPERATIONS SERVICES
Our proven process ensures every release, every deployment and every environmentare fully covered; providing full transparency to all stakeholders
- Client notifies of new build
- Zumidian updates the Staging environment with the new build
- Communication between all Stakeholders (internal and external) with regular updates and progress
- Client tests and verifies the ‘game’
- Zumidian verifies the Operational metrics and KPI’s
- Confirmed version ready for Live, Zumidian co-ordinates between the client, customer support, community and platform holder(s) for a release window
- Zumidian creates a deployment plan for each platform including success metrics and KPI’s
- Zumidian updates all platforms based on the agreed deployment plan
- Zumidian releases new version, provides ‘early life’ Operational support
- Release closure, Zumidian produces post mortem on release and Operational changes / issues
- All servers monitored for network, hardware and game specific metrics
- All hardware hardened and kept updated with the latest patches and best practices
- Standardized and documented build and configuration procedures
- Hardware failure mitigation
- Regular infrastructure reviews to ensure optimum performance/cost ratio
- Capacity planning and rapid scale up/down
We're Here To Help!
Tell us about your game and how we might be able to help you, and we'll be in touch shortly.
7700 N Kendall Drive #407
Miami, FL 33156
8 square Louis Bleriot
92130 Issy les Moulineaux